Philly Cheese Steak by Amy Morrison
Yield: 6 Servings
1 ea. large white onion, thinly sliced
1 ea. large red onion, thinly sliced
2 ea. green or red bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced
2 ea. cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 Lbs. rib-eye steak, thinly sliced
6 ea. white American cheese (1oz. each)
½ Lbs. cheddar cheese
6 ea. soft Italian rolls, warmed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate steak in bowl with 2 Tbs. olive oil, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- On grill side of Emerilware panini maker and grill sauté sliced garlic in 2 Tbs. Olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook until soft. Put in bowl and set aside.
- Add steak. Sauté until meat is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add back in onions and bell peppers and mix. Add cheese slices on top on mixture.
- Spoon mixture into warm Italian rolls and serve.