Spicy Sweet Potato Chips with Blue Cheese and Chive Dip
Yield: 4 Servings
Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
4 large sweet potatoes
vegetable oil for deep frying
chili powder, for seasoning
- Take the unpeeled sweet potatoes and using a vegetable peeler or mandolin make long thin chips by peeling/slicing them lengthwise from top to bottom.
- Place in a bowl of ice water and chill for 30 minutes. Drain on a kitchen towel and pat dry
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot to 375 degrees F. Fry in single layer batches for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels then season with chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Serve with Blue Cheese and Chive Dip.
Blue Cheese and Chive Dip
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise, store bought
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 bunch finely chopped chives
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with extra chives and serve with spicy sweet potato chips.