Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield: 4-6 servings
3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
¼ cup melted butter
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup large marshmallows, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients except marshmallows in an oven safe casserole.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees.
- Mash the potatoes and top with halved marshmallows.
- Place back in the oven and cook until marshmallows brown, about 3 minutes.